This new version includes several major bug fixes and feature improvements. Here are some of the most exciting ones:
- Bookmark ordering: This new version will preserve the order of your bookmarks when you sync. We worked super hard to make this happen and would love lots of feedback on how this is working.
- Sync Profiles support: Foxmarks for IE now supports Sync Profiles! Keep your private bookmarks at home and your work bookmarks in the office.
- Better international support: Bookmarks stored in the "Links" folder will now correctly appear in your bookmark toolbar, even if you're using a non-English version of IE.
- More stable: We also ironed out several other issues that you told us about including issues with syncing on shutdown, removing the mystery "(2)" that was appended to the end of bookmarks, and supporting long bookmark names.
This new version is now an open alpha, so any Foxmarks user can login and try it immediately. If you use Internet Explorer, please give it a spin and let us know what you think!
What's in our next release?
- Play nice with Vista UAC: we still don't run very well when Vista User Account Control is turned on, but hope to address this in our next release.
- Fix any bugs you find. We're especially interested in any problems non-English users may run into.